"The Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps" SA
The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps undertakes to protect and respect your right to privacy.
We collect and use your personal data in a proper and transparent way, in compliance with the provisions of the European Regulation (GDPR) of 27 April 2016 in relation to the protection of natural persons as regards the processing of personal data and the circulation of this data.
- General Information
If you do not accept the provisions of this policy, please do not use our website or our app and do not communicate your details to us.
- Contact details of the Data Controller
The Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps SA (hereinafter: "The Circuit") with registered office located at 55 Route du Circuit, 4970 Stavelot, (Belgium) and registered at the Banque-Carrefour des Entreprises under the number (BE) 0833.629.678, is responsible for the processing of data of a personal nature (hereinafter, "data") that you provide directly on its website: spa-francorchamps.be or on its App.
- What data do we collect, why and on what legal basis?
- 1. Data which is directly collected
This relates to data communicated:
- when you sign up to our "newsletter"
We will use your email address to keep you informed about our products and services, of news about the Circuit as well as about the events which are taking place there.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, either by writing to us, or by clicking on the link "Unsubscribe" (Fr: "se désinscrire") present on the emails that we will send you.
- through our internet site when you purchase anything in our "Fan Shop" as well as track-introduction sessions, Public Driving Experience (PDE) and guided tours. When you connect via our internet site, we use your data to send you the items purchased as well as the next dates of track introductions, PDEs & guided tours.
The Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps shall only process your data in order to perform the specific services for which this data was obtained.
3.2. What type of data?
This data may include your surname, first name, profession, domicile or residence, image, telephone and/or fax number(s), email address, date and place of birth, information related to your connection (IP address, geographical location, etc.) and etc.
This data may be collected during your visit to the site or when using the app or when you contact us by email.
When visiting our website or using our app, some data may be collected for statistical purposes. This relates to your IP address, the geographical location of the consultation, the day and time of consultation, and the pages visited. By visiting our website or using our app, you expressly consent to the collection of this data for statistical purposes.
3. 3. Cookies
Our website uses "cookies". By using our site, you accept that you receive cookies on your computer, tablet or Smartphone. Cookies allow us to offer optimal navigation on our site
Cookies are small text files which may be retained on your computer or on your smartphone when you visit websites. This text file contains information, such as, for example, your choice of language on a website. When you make a return visit to the website, this cookie is sent to the website. In this way, the website recognises your browser and may, for example, retain your choice of language. Cookies usually have an expiry date as well. For example, some cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser (and these are called "session" cookies), while others are stored for a longer time on your computer, sometimes up until you delete them manually (and these are called "permanent" or "persistent" cookies).
What are cookies?
- Essential cookies. These cookies are essential in order to allow the website to be visited and used. For example, they allow navigation around the various sections of the site or forms to be filled in. If you refuse to accept these cookies, certain functionalities of the site will no longer work in an optimal way or may even be blocked.
- Functional cookies. These cookies are intended to facilitate the functioning of our Internet sites and to make site use more pleasant. For example, they allow your preferences to be stored so that they can be used each time you interact with a page affected, which may be personalised.
- Performance cookies.This site uses Google Analytics, one of the most widespread analytical solutions on the Web, to help us understand how you use the site and how we can improve your experience. These cookies record information such as the time you spend on the site or the pages visited. The analysis of this information allows us, in particular, to optimise the site and its content for visitors. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, consult the official page Google Analytics.
- Third-party cookies. These cookies are linked to sharing buttons, plug-ins and embedded content derived from third-party platforms, for example to allow you connect with social media. To operate, the social media networks (Youtube, SlideShare, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, …) place cookies through our website. These potentially may be used to improve your profile or enhance the data which they hold for various reasons described in their respective privacy policies.
You can disable the installation of cookies by adjusting the setting preferences of your browser. The steps to follow are different for each browser (Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, …), you can find instructions in the "Help" menu of your browser. Be aware that de-activation of cookies will affect the functionalities of our site and of numerous other websites that you visit.
- How long do we retain your data?
We will retain your data for the period necessary for the operations for which it was collected or will be stored and used until such time as you expressly request us to stop storing it as well as in accordance with the legislation in force.
- To whom can your personal data be sent?
As part of the performance of our services, the Circuit may be required to subcontract part or all of its obligations to technical subcontractors who have contracts with us (for maintenance of the infrastructure, for IT security, as web-hosting service provider, etc.). They may access your data only under the strictest measure necessary for the performance of their respective missions.
The Circuit will not sell or transmit, in any way whatsoever, the personal data collected about you to any third party unless it must comply under legislation or with a court ruling.
- What are your rights?
We shall respond to your requests as soon as possible and no later than 30 (thirty) days from receipt.
6.1 Right to access
You have the right to consult your data at any time and for free, by sending an email to email@example.com or via a letter, which is dated and signed, to the registered office of the "Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps".
6.2 Right to request rectification
You have the right to request that any incorrect data is corrected and that any inappropriate data, or data which is no longer useful, is deleted by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending us a letter, which is dated and signed, to the registered office of the "Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps".
6.3. Right to oblivion
When you no longer wish to have your personal data processed and you find yourself under the condition to request the right to be forgotten in accordance with the data protection legislation, the Circuit will erase your data.
6.4. Right to objection
You have the right to object to any and all use of your data for marketing purposes. You will be able to exercise this right of objection via the "Unsubcribe" links available in emails sent to you.
6.5. Right to limitation of processing
You have the right to obtain the limitation of processing of your data from the Circuit, in accordance with the applicable legislation in regards to data protection.
- Links with other websites and services
Our sites may contain links to third-party sites, and some of our services give you access to third-party services (organisers, promoters, commercial partners and social networks).
- Limitation of liability clause
The Circuit's liability shall be limited to direct damages, to the exclusion of any consequential (indirect) damages. The Circuit shall never be held liable for damages considered as indirect such as, this list being non-exhaustive, loss of data, financial or commercial harm, losses of benefits, increase in general expenses, disruption of planning.
Furthermore, the Circuit shall not be held liable for any damages resulting from any unlawful manipulation of data committed by third parties (data theft, virus, phishing or any other IT violations).
- In the event of disputes or litigation
All claims, complaints and grievances shall be addressed to the registered office of the Circuit.
- Law applicable and competent jurisdiction
These provisions shall be governed, interpreted, and performed in accordance with Belgian legislation, the only law applicable, in the event of litigation.
Any dispute not settled amicably within a period not exceeding one month from its occurrence, it being possible to extend this period by mutual agreement, shall be brought by the most diligent party before the French-language Courts and Tribunals of the judicial district of Verviers which shall be solely competent.
- Date of entry into force
This policy was created and entered into force in May 2018. The Circuit reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to change, amend, add or delete parts of this Policy at any time. We advise you to consult this document on a regular basis.
Conditions for use of the website or the app
This internet site and app are the property of the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps and are protected by intellectual rights. You may consult, print and download information on this website and the app for your personal use. It is prohibited to broadcast content (text, images, logos) either entirely or partially, to use them for professional and/or commercial reasons, or to make them public unless with the prior written agreement of the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
The information on this website and the app is subject to amendments, improvements and updates without prior notice. This site is linked to external sites such as resellers and manufacturers, and etc. The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps cannot be held responsible for any possible damage which could occur following the opening of some third-party internet sites.
This internet site and the app are subject to Belgian law. In the event of any dispute arising in relation to this website or app, only the courts in the jurisdiction of Verviers shall have competence.